Recently, I decided to revisit this older design and try to breathe new life into it. I have included a number of changes, both mechanical and visual. Minion Games is not interested in pursuing this project, but James has returned all the rights to me (sans art) so that I can explore new options for the game. Before approaching a new publisher, I need to get some good playtesting done. That's where you come in!
If you are a fan of KoS and own a copy of the game, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest version. If you have some time and interest, here is the link to the files. They consist of new cards, a new board, and a few extra tokens, along with the new rules. It shouldn't be too much printing. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to hear me out. This my be a silly idea, or it may be great--or neither! Help me find out. Thanks.
FYI, changes include:
- upgraded board
- overhauled all cards
- a fourth bonus space (2 new ones)
- a sixth resource: Exotic Goods
- new temple system with pawn power-up character tokens
- improved market
- all pawns resolved immediately
- supports up to 5 players
- scales better for different player counts via non-produce tokens on random spaces each round