Thursday, November 29, 2007

Box Bottom Printed

Despite being racked by illness (along with my whole family), I have finished the last piece of the puzzle: the box bottom. I printed these today, as well as some improved sheets for the box top. The image on the box bottom is a bit pixelated. Maybe I will get a chance to improve that and a few other spots of concern. Nevertheless, having a completely-assembled game in my hands is a huge milestone!

Tomorrow I will mail the copyright application. Once I hear back from them, I will begin to post lots more images and launch my main website.

My current goal is to produce 15 copies by the end of the year (10 of which will be given as Christmas presents). :) Still, I'm super-busy, so it won't be easy. Wish me luck!

Saturday, November 17, 2007

First Printing!

We managed to print out everything (almost) necessary for a complete game, and enough of each to finish 25 copied by year's end. As you can see, the box turned great! I couldn't be happier! I still have to finish up the bottom of the box and file for my copyright. Stay tuned for more...

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Construction Has Begun

Here are some pictures of my progress. Basically, I've made about 12 complete boxes (without the labels--coming soon...) and 4 boards. Things will pick up after tomorrow when I finally get some printing done. My wooden cubes are also in production.

Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Paper Is Here!

My paperboard actually arrived last week (I've been too busy to post till now). It came on a big truck on top of a pallet (300 lbs. total)! This cost me a big $400--so I guess I'm committed to making a least the first 50-100 copies. I've got it all in a secure location until construction begins. I've also done some tests to figure out a few other construction details. I meet with my printer next week, so things are moving along now! Pictures will be coming soon...